Have you ever noticed certain skincare products would have some particular ingredients? This is due to the fact that is universally known about the enhanced benefits when some ingredients combined together. “Skincare gurus” around the world also use this knowledge to conduct their skincare steps to get the best possible results.
1. Vitamin C + Sunscreen (Day Cream with SPF) - A stronger protective barrier against UV rays
Vitamin C has long known for its anti-aging & brightening properties, recent studies have also proved that it has a strong sun protection for the skin.
Many researches pointed out that when combined vitamin C with sunscreen or apply a thin layer of Vitamin C before sunscreen can protect your skin further against UV rays.
Oxidative stress – which might be caused from pollutants and environmental factors such as UV rays – can form lines and wrinkles. When applying an anti-oxidant such as L-ascorbic acid or Vitamin C, it slows down the aging process and protects the skin.
2. Glycolic Acid (AHA) + Vitamin C - Best combo for brightening skin
Glycolic Acid (AHA) is one of the most well-known ingredients when it comes to skincare. Some of its main benefits are:
- Help prevents breakouts, controls oil & pimples as it contains antibacterial properties.
- Unclogs pores, exfoliates the skin surface
- Improve skin texture as dead skin cells are shredded, boosts cells turnover and promotes a firmer, softer skin surface with less visible wrinkles.
Combining Glycolic Acid (AHA) and Vitamin C greatly enhances the benefits of both ingredients if applied in the correct order. These benefits include:
- Firmer, softer and clogged-pores-free skin due to their exfoliating properties.
- Brightens skin and making it glows radiantly
- Boost collagen production
- Slows down premature aging signs with antioxidant protection
For the best possible result, apply AHA before Vitamin C.
3. Vitamin C + Bakuchiol - Anti-aging & brightens skin
Bakuchiol is a plant-based ingredient that contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is also known as a gentler alternative to retinol. Bakuchiol boosts collagen production, reduces fined lines and wrinkles and promotes skin elasticity.
The benefits of this combination:
- Both vitamin C and bakuchiol are potent antioxidants that help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals
- Superb brightening effects and even skin tones.
- Boost collagen production
- Enhance skin renewal and texture improvement
- Soothing and calming
When using products containing vitamin C and bakuchiol together, it’s important to start with lower concentrations and gradually increase them to avoid potential irritation. It is also suggested to introduce each ingredient in your routine separately first to make sure you don’t have any reactions.
It’s also advisable to perform a patch test before applying the products to your entire face and to follow up with sunscreen during the day, as vitamin C can increase skin sensitivity to the sun.
4. Retinol + Hyaluronic Acid - Skin Renewal Booster
These two ingredients are popular for many skin concerns, whether you want to treat acne or reducing aging signs.
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a natural substance that keeps your skin moisturized. With a hydrated skin, it is likely to also promote a firm, healthy and elastic skin.
Retinol is a type of retinoid, a derivative of vitamin A. Retinol is very common in anti-aging products as it helps boost elastin and collagen production, as well as reducing wrinkles and fine lines. It also helps unclogging pores, helping with acne concerns and enhance skin texture.
There are two main ways to apply HA and Retinol:
- In Order: Apply retinol and cleansed skin, make sure it gets fully absorbed before applying hyaluronic acid. Then finish your routine by a moisturizer (night time) or day cream SPF/sunscreen (day time)
- The Hamburger: If you have very sensitive skin, you can apply a thin layer of HA first on clean skin, then retinol, then another layer of HA (optional), and finish with a moisturizer.
5. Salicylic Acid (BHA) + Niacinamide - Control oil & acne, blemishes and blackheads prevention.
This is by far considered to be one of the most effective combination when it comes to treating acne.
Salicylic Acid (BHA) has deep-cleaning effects with abilities to unclogs pores, cleanse the skin and remove excess oil & dead skin cells.
Niacinamide on the other hand helps rejuvenate the skin, even skin tones, heal and repair the skin from its core. It helps calm and soothe the skin, preventing future breakouts. Moreover, Niacinamide also help blur acne scars and pigmentation on skin.
DT Collagen understands this principle and exclusively offer our DT Acne Treatment Full Set with products that promise to take your skin through this hard times of acne!
Including DT Exfoliating Cleanser, DT Acne Gel, DT Collagen Anti-Aging Day Cream SPf-50, DT Collagen Anti-Aging Night Cream & Dt Skin Lightener that helps to cleanse, treat, nourish, protect and heal your skin from A to Z, guarantee to bring you back your healthy, dewy, glowy skin!
6. Hyaluronic Acid + Ceramides - Moisturizes and rejuvenates the skin.
We already know about the benefits of HA, how about ceramides?
Ceramides are naturally occurring lipids (fats) found in the uppermost layers of the skin, known as the stratum corneum. They play a crucial role in maintaining the skin’s barrier function, which is responsible for keeping moisture in and external aggressors out.
Ceramides help to retain moisture, enhance skin barrier function, improve skin texture and calm the skin while giving anti-aging effects.
Together with Hyaluronic Acid, this combination gives a deep hydration and rejuvenate the skin which also improve absorption for the following skincare steps.